LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduct a time study by capturing vi’s called while LabVIEW software running

Hello,

I would like to conduct a time study on a LabVIEW software. The issue is the software is complex with multiple sub vi and it will be very time consuming to find and add logging events to all related sub vi’s. I'm  eager to find a way to time stamp and capture all vi’s that are called during the process. Does anyone know of a way to capture and time stamp all the vi’s that are called while the software is running without modifying the software itself? Does LabView do any rerecord keeping of itself?

Note: I have tried running Win 7 “problem step recorder” and unfortunately it does not capture all vi’s called during software process.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,374 Views)

Tools >>> Profile >>> Performance

OR

Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit

May help.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 6
(2,366 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Tools >>> Profile >>> Performance

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LT1SAM&l=en-US

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 3 of 6
(2,316 Views)

Thanks Ben, The “profile performance and memory map” does seem like what I need. Is this tool only available for the vi’s and not the executables?  I only see the “Security” option in the Tool dropdown list of my exe, and I’m thinking if I have to run the unpackaged vi’s to use this option?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,235 Views)

Never tried it an exe, say I can not say.

Applications generally un better as an exe since there is not debugging etc.

You could try enabling debugging in the build but that is territory I am not familiar with.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(2,231 Views)

Thanks Ben,

Your suggestions have been very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,214 Views)