From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure with mannualy controls

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to do some computer-measurement of my battery. I came to a part when the program should recognize what is set (discharge/charge/wait) and he should decide with a case structure what to do next (Schritt 1 case in my program). I am trying to make a case structure, but my values in enum wont be recognized as values of the case box. I made it as typedef, but it still doesnt work. Does anybody have an idea what to do with it?

Thanks in Advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,637 Views)

Well, a .lvproj file does not contain any code, so it's fairly useless.

Are you sure you've made an enum, not a ring? An enum (typedef or not) has it's string in it's type, a ring does not. From the FP side, they look exactly the same (by design). From the diagram, they look different. A ring looks like a normal integer, an enum does not.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,615 Views)

I don't even see a case in your code...

Battest.png

In fact I don't see anything here that looks even remotely related to testing batteries.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,592 Views)

Where did that VI come from? I only see one attachment, Untitled Project 2.lvproj ‏30 KB... No .VI or .png?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,586 Views)

That was the only VI inside the project that was attached

Captur44e.PNG

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,577 Views)

But LVproj files don't contain vi. files.  So where did you get the VI that you showed in the snippet?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,568 Views)

I don't know, I downloaded the file and opened it, that is what was inside.

I can guarantee that is NOT any of MY code.

I guess it could be something left over in my "temp" directory that I downloaded before and happens to have the same name and properties as the untitled vi in the project?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,564 Views)

I wonder if you had some other file called Untitled 3.vi hanging in your temp folder and it opened that.  It would explain why the VI doesn't match with the OP's description.

When I open the  project, it says Untitled3 is missing or moved.

Capture

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,558 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

But LVproj files don't contain vi. files.  So where did you get the VI that you showed in the snippet?

I think there might have been another Untitled 3.vi in his download folder. That's also why the VI is totally unrelated...

EDIT: why do all your messages (already mentioning this) pop up right after I reply... really annoying.

Is OP still reading this?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,550 Views)

@vladosaurus:

Could you post the VI, not the project?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,541 Views)