LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I generate a boolean output whenever I abort a VI?

@Yamaeda wrote:

Hmm, i see i can r-click the word in the reply and choose "don't correct 'word'" so now word should be written as i write it! (yay \o/ )

So it definatly seems like some forum setting/stuff/problem.

It sounds like it could almost as likely be that it is a browser setting.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 31 of 33
(232 Views)

(from a post a few days ago)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Don't forget to check CTRL+.

That still works even if abort isn't visible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for completeness, you can disable Ctrl+. by either

• Using "Edit>>Run-Time Menu..." to implement a custom Run-time menu, removing "Operate>>Stop", or
  • Using "VI Properties>>Window Appearance>>Customize..." and uncheck "Show Abort button".

So unless you *want* the abort button behavior, either of those will take care of Ctrl+., right?

Thanks,

joeorbob

Message 32 of 33
(211 Views)

@User002 wrote:

(from a post a few days ago)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Don't forget to check CTRL+.

That still works even if abort isn't visible.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for completeness, you can disable Ctrl+. by either

• Using "Edit>>Run-Time Menu..." to implement a custom Run-time menu, removing "Operate>>Stop", or
  • Using "VI Properties>>Window Appearance>>Customize..." and uncheck "Show Abort button".

So unless you *want* the abort button behavior, either of those will take care of Ctrl+., right?

Yes.

Or you can Discard key down? events for CTRL+. . That also works.

The first two options can be set\unset dynamically with properties though, but it might not be 100% safe (user might press CTRL+. before the property was set. The events will work, but adds some code that you really don't want.

You can manually override the VI properties in a build spec for an executable, but you'll have to think about doing that for each dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(196 Views)