From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button/Boolean mouse hover not working on 64 Bit LabVIEW

@Achuthaperumal wrote:

Do you know how to report a bug? I'm new to this!

LOL I was just going to say that you already did.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 66
(4,760 Views)

milad_berlin and Achuthaperumal,

I just tested in two different machines and got interesting results:

• With just LabVIEW 2017 SP1 64-bit installed in a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise edition, we see the same incorrect behavior with the System>Boolean>System Button: the "hover" function does not show during Run-Time and the image displayed for the button is incorrect as you click to change the state (even when the boolean terminal does show the correct TRUE/FALSE status).
  • With just LabVIEW 2018 64-bit installed in a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise edition, the error happens, too.
  • In another computer, I have both LabVIEW 2018 32-bit and 64-bit installed in a Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise edition and the error does not happen there.

Can you confirm you don't have installed the 32-bit version of LabVIEW in the machines where this behavior happens?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 66
(4,753 Views)

Hi Oscarfonseca,

Yes! You're right. I have installed only 64 bit LabVIEW in my PC!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 66
(4,738 Views)

Hi oscarfonseca,

I have a PC and a laptop, where 32 and 64 bit versions of LabVIEW 2017 and 2018 are installed. This bug definately occurs on both systems, but only with the 64 bit versions. This bug never occured with the 32 bit versions.

Try starting and quitting LabVIEW 64 multiple times. Sometimes the bug occurs and sometimes it doesn't.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 66
(4,728 Views)

I'm seeing the same behavior with my VIs both in 2017 SP1 f3 and in 2018 (both 64-bit). My OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

A fix or update for this ASAP would be much appreciated.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 66
(4,708 Views)

Thank you for your input milad_berlin, Achuthaperumal, and CaseyM.

I'm working to make sure we file this report with a solid reproducing case that R&D can run to verify the problem (and test the fix). So far I've got:

• It happens just in the 64-bit version of LabVIEW.
  • It happens just in Windows 10.
  • It can happen both having LabVIEW 32-bit installed and not having it installed.
  • It can happen both in Virtual Machines, as well as in desktops/laptops.

I'm still trying to understand under which circumstances we can trigger it. "Why do some computers show it and others do not?"

I will keep you posted. Thanks,

Message 16 of 66
(4,694 Views)

I'm experiencing the same issue.  My setup is a laptop running Windows 10, with both LabVIEW 2017 64-bit and LabVIEW 2017 32-bit installed.  As others mentioned, the problem only arises when running the 64-bit version of LabVIEW 2017.  I don't have any insight into why it happens on some occasions and not others.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 66
(4,678 Views)

Any news on this issue? I was just playing around with custom buttons in different ways and suddenly stumbled upon this bug. I have both LabVIEW 2018 32- and 64-bit installed. My OS is Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit. The problem occurrs in 64-bit LV only as already mentioned above. Has this ever got a CAR # or something?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 66
(4,628 Views)

dadreamer,

Since we have not had luck consistently reproducing the issue (the conditions in which it shows do not show a pattern we have been able to track) it is extremely difficult for R&D to address it and test the fix. If anyone has any additional insight on the detailed specifications under which this behavior happens, please let us know, so we can file the CAR.

Thank you all!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 66
(4,611 Views)

I cannot clearly reproduce it too. I've been launching a VI with a customized System button over and over again. Sometimes it works, sometimes not (from the very start). Tried to compare DPrintf messages in both good and bad cases - they are the same. Likely the root of evil lies somewhere else. But there's one interesting thing - when the mouse hover doesn't work and I do RMB click -> Change to Array on the button and then run the program, it starts to work inside that array. Looks like there's something wrong with the control itself.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 66
(4,596 Views)