LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of clusters - accessing property nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to access and change the property nodes of specific elements inside of the cluster inside of an array. When I do try to change a property of an individual cluster element ( like color text) it changes that for every cluster inside of the array. Is there a way to do this for only 1 index of the array ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,292 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PatrickMiller

Inside of the array, there is technically only 1 control/indicator.  So changing the color of any element in the array will update all of the elements.  May you could format your data into a table?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,280 Views)

@PatrickMiller wrote:

I'm trying to access and change the property nodes of specific elements inside of the cluster inside of an array. When I do try to change a property of an individual cluster element ( like color text) it changes that for every cluster inside of the array. Is there a way to do this for only 1 index of the array ? 

No. Arrays are special. All the elements properties need to be identical.

There are some tricks you can do. For example, extend a color box in your cluster, each element can have its own color.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,277 Views)

OK, i'll try to convert the array at the end into a table. I would need to convert each cluster element to a string first correct? Then its just a 2D string ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,268 Views)

@PatrickMiller wrote:

OK, i'll try to convert the array at the end into a table. I would need to convert each cluster element to a string first correct? Then its just a 2D string ?

Yep.  In the end, a table is just a 2D Array of Strings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,232 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

@PatrickMiller wrote:

No. Arrays are special. All the elements properties need to be identical.

There are some tricks you can do. For example, extend a color box in your cluster, each element can have its own color.

mcduff

This also worked. I made the test status indicator enum background color to transparent, then added a color box indicator behind it. I could change the color box to green for pass, red for fail etc. It was just another element in the cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,180 Views)