LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Words in icon editor get blurry

I had this problem that the words input in icon editor get very blurry out of sudden. It used to be good. Check the picture of my blurry words

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,315 Views)

If you look at the preview, it looks actually better. My guess is that you have cleartype enabled.

What is your OS and LabVIEW version?

I see it with most fonts, but not if I select "small fonts". See if there is another "small fonts" entry that does not show this. Maybe the font got changed by some other software install, for example.

Message 2 of 16
(6,307 Views)

I'm using Windows 7, but it used to be good the day before yesterday. I must touch something, but I didn't know. Any idea?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,279 Views)

As I said, the real "small font" should not be cleartyped. Did you try to change font?

To turn off cleartype, type cleartype into the search box of the start menu. The only match is the program "Adjust Cleartype Text". Run it! Uncheck "Turn on ClearType" on the first screen and go next..next..next.. until the end of the dialog. See if it make a difference.

Be aware that all text, even here in the forum will look a little uglier if you turn off cleartype. Why do you perceive cleartpe to be a a problem? As I said, the real-sized icon will look fine (or better!) because it takes advantage of the RGB pixel arrangement of the LCD monitor. Did you read the link I posted?

Message 4 of 16
(6,273 Views)

I tried,

1. Even I selected different fonts, the outcome is still the same, blurry, same as small fonts.

2. If I chcek off the cleartype, the fonts get sharper edge, but very wide, still not the default one which I like. 

Any idea?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,239 Views)

Try NIEditor for your Font. This should give you readable text in the editing area

<Brian Aswege | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,195 Views)

Where is the NIEditor that u talked about? I'm sorry I think the system font is all fine, but the icon editing font.

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,160 Views)

"NIEditor" is a font however I just realized that this font is not Available in the icon editor for the vi. You can use that font it in the icon editor for built applications. Sorry for the confusion. 

As altenbock had suggested, "Small Fonts" is the font you would want to use so that the text is clear in the Preview Editing window. It looks like you have it selected in the screen shot you attached but also check under the Text Tool options. Double click the Text tool on the editor pallet and make sure that the Font is set to "Small Fonts"

Doing this will make sure the text entered on the Icon from both the Icon Text and Text tool will both be "Small Fonts" 

Once you have set both fonts to "Small Fonts" delete your text in each line and use the Eraser to erase any text that might still be on the Icon.

Now that all the text is erased rewrite your text using either the Icon Text boxes or the Text tool.

<Brian Aswege | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(6,137 Views)

I tried, but still nothing happens! Smiley Sad

I did some snapshots for you.

Arnold
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(6,121 Views)

Could you go to your fonts control panel. Find the "small font" and look at properties. What is the file size and creation date?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(6,091 Views)