cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arithmetic mean

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

Does anyone have the OpenG Arithmetic Mean VI (at least the one for 2D array). I have installed the OpenG Numeric package, but cant find it there.

Or maybe even better, does anyone have a VI or a good solution for calculating the mean of columns in a 2D array?

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,856 Views)

CM.png

does this Help?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 20
(4,849 Views)

Thank you!:)

Just a further question: Is there any possibility for also using a time column when calculating the mean? Such that the code take into account the length of the samples as well (given that the sample time is not a fixed value).

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(4,813 Views)

There are no native functions that I am aware of (not saying it does not exist).

How are your time samples taken? 

ie:  seconds since last sample..?

timestamp?

For instance, if it is a timestamp, and they are in an array, you can take the difference from the previous element, and then calculate the mean.

Message 4 of 20
(4,801 Views)

As it is now it is an array of type string, but I am trying to convert the type of the whole array into timestamp. I was then thinking of doing just as you say, taking the difference from the previous element. Do you have any good examples of a loop where this is done?:)

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(4,786 Views)

This will do if the timestamp string is local specific

scan.png

If your timestamp string is in a different format

Here is a link to the Formats you would use

E.G. %<%Y/%M/%d %I:%M:%S %p>T  would create a timestamp from "2012/04/10 2:04:51 PM"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(4,760 Views)

Broken Link-  Don't know what happened

Here

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(4,754 Views)

Hello!

I have transformed the 2D array from string to timestamp! I was more thinking of a good structure for taking the difference from the previous element when the array is of type timestamp.

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(4,728 Views)

nothing simpler

aa.png

Message 9 of 20
(4,722 Views)

Thanks again. But, that will be for a 1D array if I'm not wrong? My array is a 2D, so i guess i'll need to either add a loop for iterating both columns and rows or something?

Greetings

Kristoffer

Message 10 of 20
(4,718 Views)