From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arithmetic mean

Solved!
Go to solution

Bingo- just wrap another loop in there

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,216 Views)

Seems like it worrked now. Thank you very much for the help!:D

I have attached a picture of what I have done, does it seems correct to you as well? I was trying to use the "Build array" together with a "0" constant, but then the resulting array was a appended array of 3D. Also, some of my columns are of different size (different number of elements). However, it doesn't seems like this code is taking that into account.

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,209 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

nothing simpler

aa.png

Maybe a little simpler...

TimeInterval.png

Message 13 of 20
(1,207 Views)

I think that the structure works pretty good, i only need to get rid of those extra elements and i consider myself done. Any suggestions to that?

In the dataset column 0 might have 53 elements while column 1 has 52 and column 2 has 54. The code does not seem to care about this, because all columns have the same amount of elements. Any suggestion why this happens?

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,205 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

nothing simpler

aa.png

Maybe a little simpler...

TimeInterval.png

I guess I'll make the Rube-Goldberg Thread after all!!! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,201 Views)

@Sjefsgjogleren wrote:

I think that the structure works pretty good, i only need to get rid of those extra elements and i consider myself done. Any suggestions to that?

In the dataset column 0 might have 53 elements while column 1 has 52 and column 2 has 54. The code does not seem to care about this, because all columns have the same amount of elements. Any suggestion why this happens?

Greetings

Kristoffer

LabVIEW forces rectangular arrays.  No way around it.

Message 16 of 20
(1,197 Views)

So i cant remove those elements later og anything? Because I am not quite sure where the values that it puts inside actually comes from either. I guess that there is just some default values (seems to be 5 and 10). Or maybe I can get the actual length of the column and only use that amount of datapoint for the later calculations?

Greetings

Kristoffer

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,192 Views)

@Sjefsgjogleren wrote:

I have attached a picture of what I have done,

Missing picture.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,185 Views)

Ooops, forgot!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Sjefsgjogleren

If you simply pull down on the index display of the constant in my last snippet to create a 2D array of timestamp, and make the output a 2D array you are all set.

TimeInterval2.png

Message 20 of 20
(1,171 Views)