cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Build Error 1003

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a project and when I try and build it in to an Application I get an error saying a VI in broken and of course it is not. Below is the error details:

"Error 1003 occurred at AB_Targetfile.lvclass:Open_Top_Level_VIs.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller"

I have located the problem down to a vi called Runtest in a packed library. Analysing the Main.vi also highlights the same problem. If I dont include this Runtest.vi in the Main.vi that I build my application from then it builds fine.

I made the packed library myself so I went in to the packed library project and made a application that included the Runtest.vi. This builds fine. 

Any suggestions?

Using Labview 2011.0.1f2 (32bit)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,638 Views)

What is the problem with the RunTest VI? Does it has broken arrow or you found something else?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,634 Views)

No the RunTest.vi is not broken and runs fine using it in its own project or when built in to a packed library. It is only when I try and build an application that contains the RunTest.vi in a packed library that I get the problem. 

Could there be a dependency or link that is broken then RunTest.vi is built in to a packed library and then used in the other application? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,630 Views)

This may sound stupid but i recently had a similar problem and i solved it by running labview in compatibility mode xp!

No idea why but thta solved it...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,628 Views)

I saw your post. How do you run it in xp mode? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,624 Views)

Right click on LabVIEW exe and select properties/settings (i am german and use windows in german...)

Select compatibility and then chosse run in XP mode

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,615 Views)

Instead of finding a way to run try to find the root cause. I see the error is occurred in the Open_Top_level_VIs, So I guess there might be conflict issues also. Do you have any conflict in your project?

When you say you the RunTest is working fine when it is in its own project, how are you calling it in your code? Do you see some VIs in your dependencies list?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,607 Views)

I tried running it in compatability mode for windows xp SP2 and xp SP3 but that has not worked.  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,606 Views)

Is the error message changing or do you always have the same error?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,596 Views)

I dont have any conflicts in the project. 

I agree with finding the root cause there must be a hidden dependency some where. I am going to do a big restructure of the files today and I'll get back to the post  tomorrow if I still have problems. Hopefuly the resturcture might sort the dependencies out. The Runtest controls some hardware so I am going to pull all the hardware code out and make instruments / drivers for them. I have been including some of the hardware code within the project so I will remove them from the project and have them as dependecies instead. 

Thanks for both of your help so far. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,579 Views)