From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occured-The NI System Web Server is not running

Solved!
Go to solution

When ever I try and open an example program I get this error.  Tried re-booting .  That didn't work.  Someting is different because example vis worked in the past.

Thanks

Message 1 of 22
(18,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkDavid

Hello Mark.

Did you try to repair on of the NI Software you have? There is a known issue where repairing a software unregestier it from the Web Server and makes this error pop up. A solution is to repair the software again to register it anew. Here is the related Knowledge Base article:

Repairing NI Software Installs Leaves NI System Web Server Unregistered

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2AF18FBF04D29104862578D8004E4A6B?OpenDocument 

I hope this helped

Regards 

(17,958 Views)

WOW !!  NI Germany??

Thanks..I'll give that a shot.  The only thing that bothers me is I didn't do a repair prior to this hapening.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(17,952 Views)

Yes, There is also NI in Germany Smiley Wink

Its just I was browsing the forum and had a similar case where this helped, so I though it costs nothing to share the link with you. Smiley Happy

Regards 

(17,950 Views)

Thanks !!!!  That worked.  I would have never thought of that.

Message 5 of 22
(17,939 Views)

I'm stuck with this same issue. Like the previous poster, I didn't knowingly repair my installation, but I did apply the patch for AMD FX bulldozer CPUs ( http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4734A6405B123FA58625799900813593 )... After that, labview will start, but when I try to open any example VIs, it gives me the "An error occured-The NI System Web Server is not running" message. I've gone through and repaired again, but then I need to re-apply the FX patch and I"m back to the error.

Part of my problem is that I didn't knowingly repair any of my distributions, so I don't know which one I need to run the repair on. Do I need to run it on all of them? I've just been running it on the main LV 2011 distribution.

thanks for any help.

mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(17,563 Views)

Mike,

I'm no expert but you might want to start a new thread.  I don't know how these get assigned to the AEs.  If its marked as solved they may never see it.  Hope you resolve your issue.  They've been great for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(17,559 Views)

Thanks. I finally got it sussed. I'll post it here to save someone else some frustration. After the repair operation completes, it prompts for a reboot. Instead of rebooting, I told it "NO", then installed the FX chip patch, then rebooted. That seemed to do the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(17,556 Views)

MarkDavid,

We still see it, but yeah, a new thread doesn't hurt. 🙂

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(17,546 Views)

Thanks,

this worked.