LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarms on a display

Hello All!!!

I am trying to do a display with diferente boolean dates. How? Well I need to see boolean dates on a screen with diferente color and always muss be on the top the last alarm. So, is that posible?  Have somebody a example?

In advance thanks.

LavUser

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(3,485 Views)
LavUser,

it is possible, but maybe not so easy as you expect.
To the display problem: Use an array of boolean and reverse it just for the indicator. this will bring the last element onto the first position and so on, so the newest one is shown on top.
To the color problem: All array elemets share the very same colors. AND, AFAIK, a boolean can have just two colors, for 'True' and for 'False'.
In order to get more flexibility, use a cluster of (boolean, colorbox) instead of the boolean. If you color the boolean invisible and position it ontop of the colorbox, you can set individual colors for each array element and independently from the boolean status.

A good hint: define this cluster as atype definition, as this eases some changes if you need to do so.

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(3,483 Views)

Hallo Uwe!!!

Auf Deutsch geht es besser für Sie, was? - kann ich mir vorstellen. So, ein "array" mit Boolean habe ich schon gemacht, aber mein Problem jetzt ist, wie ich das ordnen soll. Gibt es wahrscheinlich eine Eigenschaft, damit man automatisch ordnen könnte? Wissen Sie? Mit LabView bin ich neu und kenne ich erst. Damit schicke ich Ihnen was ich gemacht habe.

Im Voraus bedanke ich mir sehr bei Ihnen und wünsche Ihnen einen sonnigen Tag.

Freundliche Grüsse aus der Schweiz

So, I had done an array with the booleans. But my problem now is, how order eachone. I think, there is a property whit that automatic will be. You know? I am new with LabView and know something about this software. With this send you what until now I had done.

In advance thank you and I wish you a sunny day

Greetings from Switzerland

Yaridia

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(3,471 Views)
Yanidia,

lets keep this in English so most of the readers can understand it.

From your original posting I imagined that you get some boolean values from time to time and append them to an array for displaying purposes. This way you would have it sorted by date_of_reception in ascending order, e.g. the newest boolean values at its end. In this case you just need to reverse a copy of that array to display it with the most recent on top.

If you need an sort by value, there is a node called 'Sort 1D Array' in the array palette. This sorts all elements in an 1D-array by value in ascending order,. But this does not make much sense in an boolean array, I fear 😉

I'd love to review your existing code, but at this time and on this machine I have not installed LV8. My actual project is too large and to near its final approval to take some chances!
Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(3,463 Views)
Hello Yaridia,

some comments on your vi's:
Binär.vi: You don't need to have a while loop for each tab page, but I admit it can make the readability of the vi easier... You also would not need locals of 'stop'.
You have several times a combination of 'array to cluster' and 'unbundle cluster' (for those bit arrays from the read vi). You can use a simple 'Index array' for this!
To replace all those 'blink' property nodes: I would suggest a standard scheme from hardware design: make a clock signal (constantly switching true/false at given frequency) and combine this with your boolean arrays (AND) and send the result to the LEDs. This will make the LEDs blink when they are on 'high/true' state...
For interface design: try to put the LEDs into arrays (when possible). Make the text strings by using an additional string array. So you can sort them (but you have to make a logic to connect the right LED with the sorted text).

For RTFlex.vi: The same applies for the while loops. You can make 'Index array' to output more than one output!

For your questions:
What do you mean by 'order the booleans'? You surely want to order the labels of the LED: do this as said above by using an array of strings for the labels. As long as you have single boolean indicators you have to place/order them on your own.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(3,460 Views)

Hi,

there´re a couple of things you can do in your programms. I would first start with an common architecture. Like a state machine. (Have a look into the template browser) As states you can use the Tabs from the Tab-Control.

Modularity is very important in an programm. Try to use references for the blinking property node. This should help you to get ready with it:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/68d318643afa3ca086256928006c64a4

Also have a look at the property node.vi in the example finder in LabVIEW.

Greetings and good luck.

Alex Rudolph

NI Switzerland

Message 6 of 24
(3,455 Views)
Hello GerdW,

wenn I say "order the booleans" I mean, that the booleans make visible and an the same time will be order from the first to the last. I know, I speak more from "events" als "alarms". But what we need, is the same like that. From these booleans I need see the first always on the top and the old below.

I will try to improve my configuration, but remember, I am new with this software. And for me will be easy when you say exactly what you mean: with "Index array" for instance.

Kind Regards.
Yaridia

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(3,446 Views)
Hello Yaridia,

'Index array' is a Labview primitive function, found on the array tools palette. When I describe a way of solving a problem, I tend to use LabView function names 🙂
As said before from other user, try to make an array of 'events' or 'alarms', sorted by date/time of occurence.

And when you are new to this software: read the LV manuals, especially the Development Guidelines...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(3,437 Views)
Thanks GerdW, I done the index array and I see betther my configuration.

Have a nice day.

Yaridia

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(3,432 Views)
Hello Uwe!!!

Have you got a example to get the date_of_reception? or where could I fine information about that?

Have a nice day.

Yaridia

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(3,430 Views)