LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarms on a display

I tried with the "value" because it must visible when the boolean is equal to 1, but it is not working. Have you got another idea?

Best Regards
Yaridia

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(835 Views)
I am trying to do this: with a cluster I have all alarms ( 186 booleans ) and to show all of them I am using a scrollbar, because the display must be little, also enough big to see 10 alarms when they come. But I have a little problem now. You know, when I used the "visible" property to show only activ alarms I saw at the same time a "space". So, could you tell me if I can errase that? know you a property?

Greetings!!!
Yaridia

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(825 Views)
Yaridia,

again, I cannot open LV8 vis.

Some global hints.
1. I'd avoid using plain clusters with soo much equal elements as 186 or so.  Besides the fact that it is hard to find a good and intuitive UI design, the whole data handling is hard and maybe error prone. BTW, is there a slider for clusters now?
Maybe you can group 'em into subclusters, say 9*21 or so. This is usefull if your apps works with, say, 9 machines or so.  This way one could make just those groups visibel that contain alarms.
If this does not work out, I'd prefer an array of booleans instead.
2. If you use the array, use it as an indicator for all alarms.
You may as well show in a different indicator some more specific info on an element, that the user clicked on. Use an event structure configured to handle the filrer event 'Array, mouse down'. You can get the absolute coordinates of the users mous click, which enables you to calculate the index of the click. You may decide to discard the click, preventing LabVIEW from any action on the array itself.
OR you may show in a different display more specific info about an alarm, and autocycle throug all active alarms with a delay of, say, 5 seconds.

The whole projects looks a little as if the requirements are still unclear.  While the UI design might need some xperiments during the requirements phase, it is usually not a good idea to start coding while the requirements are still not fixed. YOU#ll do a lot of work for the trash can this way. And the boss or the customer is blaming YOU for this extra work!

Greetings from Germany!
--
Uwe

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(816 Views)
I will try to explain what I need.

1. A display with "analog indications" and "alarms". One part is already, but I am fighting with this alarms.
2. Now where I am working is already an application, from them I must to do a similar display with almost the same information.

Anyway, I send you a file with the layout where you can see what are those people need. I think you can understand me better.

I do not disturb you, but I think you know who this software working.

Kind Regards,
Yaridia

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(808 Views)