Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a Teststand expression in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am super new to Teststand 

I have a numeric limit test step wherein the limits are a multiplication of 2 floats. I would like to access the limits in VI for simulation purposes. I know that I can access the numeric value with GetValNumber property but I am unable to find the property for an expression like this 0.151*0.9NumericLimitTest.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,967 Views)

I'm not sitting at a PC with teststand.  But, have you looked at the step itself for properties to see what is there?  I'd expect to see a limit as one of the properties.  With that, you can access the property and send it to LV as one of the inputs to your module.

I wouldn't think you'd need the extra function call to get the number out of the property.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,931 Views)

I can access a limit in the VI as in the picture. But if I try to access the limit  as I have mentioned above, it gives me a 0. I want to know which property I should use.Prpoperty.PNG 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,912 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GoKu25

Hello GoKu25,

can you please try Step.Limits.LowExpr or Step.Limits.HighExpr as a string?

Hope it helps

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,908 Views)

Duplicate thread over on the TestStand board: Access Numeric limit test- limit expression in vi

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,895 Views)