LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 connections

Solved!
Go to solution

When I have more then 9 connections through VISA SERIAL, the application will hang with a occupation of 100% of the CPU. Each VI read a Nport 5110 at a rate of 1 Hz, baud rate is set for 19200, with char termination enable, no flow control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,347 Views)

You are missing most of the important information. First of all, posting some code could help a lot in order to get an idea what you are doing.

Other things are useful as well:

- What OS are you using

- How many cores does your system provide

- How much load does a single connection create

Please post those requested information.

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,335 Views)

The CPU is a N270, the OS is a XP Home SP3, 10 connections have a load of 11% in normal conditions

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,333 Views)

Share Your Code to get a better idea about the issue.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,329 Views)

@acardoso wrote:

[...] 10 connections have a load of 11% in normal conditions

In which environment? What are "normal" conditions?

Are you sure that nothing is running in parallel which can create this load?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,322 Views)

"Normal Conditions", when my application is not at 100%.

Nothing is running in parallel, when I kill my application, computer resumes normal operation

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,316 Views)

My code is a Timed Loop running at 1 Hz, with a VISA Write followed by a VISA Read.

Labview 8.6.1, NI-Serial 3.7, MAX 4.8, Visa 5.0.2

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,313 Views)

You are not helping us help you!

With the very limited info you have provided I will GUESS that one of your serial ports has a bad wire or widget at the other end either spewing garbage or using the wrong baud rate.

Post complete images of your code and tell us more about the environment and we may be able to offer real solutions.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 10
(3,297 Views)

When we have more than 9 simultaneous calls, the application at one moment in the future will start consuming 100% of CPU. The solution was stop making a reentering call and use as a subvi.

ni.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author acardoso

Don't do "RUN Vi" inside "Timed Loop", nor access  those VI's remotely by VI server. At least if you have 10, or more, VI copies running at the same time

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,200 Views)