From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2's complement

Sorry about that...

I think this one should work:

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(8,124 Views)
hi again,

your vi works perfect  -  both ways ........... - no comment neccesary.

Werner

P.S. For poeple with   ADC's and Uni/Bip.- mode.... my old styled vi attached with 16 bit resolution
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(8,114 Views)
Many times, the 12 bit 2s Complement is not a boolean array, but contained in e.g. a single 16 bit Integer. In this case, you don't need to jump through all these hoops converting to a boolean array, etc.

You can just do the bit operations directly as shown in the attached VI (LabVIEW 7.0). Seems much more efficient. 🙂

(VI is not fully tested, please verify correct operation. You might want to add an error condition if any of bits 13-16 are set).
Message 13 of 22
(8,099 Views)
Here is a modified version of Altenbach's 16 bit Integer version. the same idea as my boolean array version posted above. I think the algorithm is more simple and faster.

Xu
Message 14 of 22
(8,060 Views)
Here is a modified version of Altenbach's 16 bit Integer version. the same idea as my boolean array version posted above. I think the algorithm is more simple and faster.

Xu
Message 15 of 22
(8,058 Views)

Nice but you did not drop the sign bit

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(4,404 Views)

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 17 of 22
(4,395 Views)

my two cents to raise the thread from the dead

works for arbitrary bit sizes

Message 18 of 22
(4,366 Views)

I have attached a 12 bit 2s complement I used for temperature senor TMP100. The Negative numbers are represented in binary twos complement format and has a resolution of .0625C per count.

Message 19 of 22
(4,328 Views)

Is this the same result? No, not exactly.

It's the same except for 0x80012 bit 2th complement.png, that value (-0?) gives a bad result.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(4,324 Views)