From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashboard string multi-line iOS

Hello,

I fail to display text on multiple lines on an Ipad
but that's ok on android
the line breaks are not taken into account on iOS
there must be a subtlety?
is what you know this?
Thank you

I have no answer on the french forum Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,968 Views)

Is there someone to help me ?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,796 Views)

nobody knows Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,221 Views)

Is it a bug ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,179 Views)

I found a workaround!

Use a network-shared array of strings instead and assign it to the property "List Items" of a List Box indicator:

ListBox.png

Example code here:

Building an array of stringsBuilding an array of stringsthe network-shared variablethe network-shared variableconverting an existing multi-line string into an array of strings (makes use of OpenG's Multi-line String to Array.vi which is part of the OpenG string lilbrary available via OpenG Library on LabVIEW Tools Networkconverting an existing multi-line string into an array of strings (makes use of OpenG's Multi-line String to Array.vi which is part of the OpenG string lilbrary available via OpenG Library on LabVIEW Tools Network

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
Message 5 of 8
(6,985 Views)

thank you,

I'll test it, when it'll was possibleSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,950 Views)

there is screen difference between ipad and android tablet, both use different type of operating system, check your code again and did you use </br> line break tag?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,816 Views)

Hey Richard,

Thank you for your additional input. As described in the first two posts, thib_fr had no problem with line breaks on Data Dashboard for Android. Only the iOS version was problematic (but a workaround exists, as I described).

I am not sure if your posting is a question or an additional suggestion.

I did not use any html tags on my code (should be <br /> by the way in xhtml, having the slash at the end). I don't own any apple hardware anymore, therefore cannot test if this would make a difference. My gut feeling however is that it does not.

I attached my demo project from a year ago to this posting, could be more handy than the snipped above. Disclaimer: It contains one OpenG VI.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,811 Views)