LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing array on Data dashboard for iOS

So far I've made an integer as shared variable. I've connected this to Data Dashboard (could only choose for a guage, strange).
Now I'm trying to connect an array of integers to Data Dashboard, but this doesnt show up, only the integer does.

Also, are the only options a guage, a XY graph and a string? 

I also found an app called VIremote, is this better than Data dashboard?

Message 1 of 16
(13,886 Views)

I forgot to mention it's for iPhone.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(13,885 Views)

Hi,

Only Data Dashboard 2.0 curently supports numeric array data types, the graph, and the XY Graph. This newer verson of the application is currently iPad only.

On the iPhone (running Data Dashboard Mobile for LabVIEW, v1.0), we don't support array data types, and the Graph / XY Graph are not available.

When connecting to integer based variables, you should have 3 options for indicators to choose from: string, gauge, and a chart.

Message 3 of 16
(13,876 Views)

Ok thank you.
Do you have any idea when the iphone one will be updated?

Also, what is Chart used for? Can't I use this for array (index of array is x value and value of array is y value)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(13,868 Views)

None of the 1.0 versions of Data Dashboard supported arrays, even in the chart control. The 2.0 version for iPad does support arrays for both charts and graphs, but that is a very different product from the Data Dashboard Mobile app for phones.

We're very focused on tablets right now so we don't have any definite plans for when we might add more features to the phone versions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(13,865 Views)

I am having issues with 1D array data and Enum using Data Dashboard.  The source of my information is at this link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D9B247551BE7F46A8625795000552CDE

It states for Data Dashboard (DD) 2.0 it supports:

-          Shared Variable and Web Method Controls – Enum

-          Shared Variable and Web Method Indicators - 1D array of supported numeric values, points*, strings; 2D array of supported numeric values, points; Enum

Question, how do I configure DD for using a Shared Variable (SV) enum.  I can make drop down or list box work but I have to enter all the names.

For 1D array does this only work with charts or graphs?  When I graph the 1D data I get all 4 measurements on a single chart line.  I can’t figure out how to add data on a chart.

I tried to find a manual for Data Dashboard but I was unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Matt!!

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW, LV-RT, Vision, DAQ, Motion, and FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(12,892 Views)

Unfortunately when you make a Shared Variable using an enum the protocol does not include enough information to retrieve the valid string names. We can only get the current numeric value. That means you have to get the strings into the control some other way. You can do that from within Data Dashboard by manually entering the strings, or you can actually connect the strings list to another shared variable (or web service).

To connect it to a shared variable or web service you first need to create a shared variable or web service that returns an array of the strings to show. You would add that to the same LabVIEW application that holds the enum value. Then, to connect to a shared variable open the Strings property page for the listbox or dropdown control and enable "Connect to Strings". The press the "Connect to New Data" button to browse for the shared variable containing the array of strings. If you use a web service you would have to first drop a Polling Web Service element, bind it to your web service, and then link the array of strings output to the listbox or dropdown.

For your question about charts and graphs it wasn't clear to me what you were trying to do. You can use arrays with either charts or graphs. For a graph the array is considered to be the entire signal, and each update replaces the current values in the graph. For a chart the array is appended to the data already in the chart each time it updates.

If you want multiple plots on a single chart or graph then you need to use a 2D array. If you're trying to plot a single point at a time in multiple plots in a chart then you would create a 2D array with 1 column.

There is some help information within the app itself. If you press the ? toolbar item then in the bottom right there is a link button that opens a more detailed help view.

Message 7 of 16
(12,887 Views)

Don't see how to make a 2D shared variable.  This seems to support you can make one with a custom control but Data Dashboard doesn't see it as a variable it can use.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2206804A09D79A298625763800551E43

Trying to, " If you're trying to plot a single point at a time in multiple plots in a chart then you would create a 2D array with 1 column."

I will try the trick with the array of strings for the enums.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(12,878 Views)

If you post an example LabVIEW project with the a 2D array shared variable then I can take a look at it and see what the problem might be.

Which control are you trying to connect it to in Data Dashboard?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(12,872 Views)

Would like to display current in shngle chart.  Current is a 1D array of 4 values.  Sample code is attached.  Converted code down to LV11.

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(12,846 Views)