LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Bundle By Name

This plugin allows to insert bundler with selected data into cluster or object wire.

Cluster:

cluster.PNG

After:

acluster.PNG

Object:

class.PNG

After:

aclass.PNG

Notes:

• Plugin does not handle class encapsulation restrictions. If used inside VI which does not have privileges to access data, execution ends up with broken wire
  • By default, inserted bundler has full name hidden. Change Full Names Visible? constant inside Execute Insert BBname.vi to show full names by default
  • To move Insert BBN inside Insert submenu, change subdiagram of Diagram Disable Structure inside Insert BBname.vi
  • Plugin is not fully tested, be aware that unexpected behaviour may occur

Plugin LLB is saved in LabVIEW 2015.

EDIT:

2018-04-09: [DNatt] Added Request Deallocation function call to plugin diagram.

2016-07-12: Nested cluster All Elements fix

2016-07-05: Optimized (more stable, faster) version updated.

Comments
smiga
on

I really like it - it saves my time!

follow your dreams
Zyga
on

Thank you Arek, appreciate

heel
on

Tried with a cluster2 inside a cluster1. In that case, choosing the Insert All Elements of cluster2, does not insert what it is supposed to insert: Cluster2, but a sub-element of Cluster2.

Apart from that quirk - great tool

Zyga
on

Heel, thank you for your feedback. You are right. There was a All Elements bug, but it is fixed now.
Great to hear you like it.
Best!

heel
on

great - now it works nicely. looking forward to use - I like to use a lot of clusters.

Suda苏打!
on

didn't you know about quick drop?faster than the tools

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
on

@Suda苏打!  Many users know of QuickDrop but there are only so many keyboard shortcuts most people can remember. For a lot of folks, they need to fall back on menus.

I did want to add some sort of convention to the naming of menu items to show the related QD shortcut key if there was one, so that people could discover the link between a given menu item and QD over time (similar to how the shortcut keys are listed in drop menus). But that kind of notation is explicitly discouraged by OS standards on both Mac and Windows. I don't know the details of why, but usually when Apple and Microsoft both agree on a given UI standard, it's got a lot of research behind it to justify it, so I haven't taken that route with the ones I've written. A given plug-in author could, of course, add a shortcut notation for their plug-in.

Suda苏打!
on
Suda苏打!
on
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
on

@Suda苏打! I get an "access denied" message trying to visit that page.

Suda苏打!
on

Proven Zealot

kosist90
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Very cool plugin, but unfortunately, from time to time it causes LabVIEW to hand, and crash... Pity...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Try dropping a 'Request Deallocation' function on the diagram of Insert BBname.vi, with a TRUE wired to its input. That should fix the crash.

kosist90
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Thanks a lot, Darren! 

Would be nice to update then files for download...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Done.

Contributors