LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is LVIFA_Base.pde for LabView 2012

sfsdhh wrote:

In labview 2011 there the firmware folder and LVIFA_Base.pde!
trying to download the sketch LVIFA_Base.pde during compilation there are errors of various kinds. Will you help me?

What version of LIFA are you using?  What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 39
(2,038 Views)

I am having the same problem.  I did everything as the guide explains but when I go to compile and upload I get a ton of errors. the LIFA files from the above download and an arduino uno.

I get this when it compiles:

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:25: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::AFMotorController()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:24: first defined here

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:25: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::AFMotorController()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:24: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_DCMotor::setSpeed(unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:299: multiple definition of `AF_DCMotor::setSpeed(unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:298: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::setSpeed(unsigned int)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:360: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::setSpeed(unsigned int)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:359: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController::latch_tx()':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:49: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::latch_tx()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:48: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::onestep(unsigned char, unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:414: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::onestep(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:413: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o:(.data.microstepcurve+0x0): multiple definition of `microstepcurve'

AFMotor.cpp.o:(.data.microstepcurve+0x0): first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::step(unsigned int, unsigned char, unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:377: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::step(unsigned int, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:376: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::release()':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:366: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::release()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:365: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_DCMotor::run(unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:265: multiple definition of `AF_DCMotor::run(unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:264: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController::enable()':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:27: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::enable()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:26: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_DCMotor':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:235: multiple definition of `AF_DCMotor::AF_DCMotor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:234: first defined here

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:235: multiple definition of `AF_DCMotor::AF_DCMotor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:234: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:316: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::AF_Stepper(unsigned int, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:315: first defined here

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:316: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::AF_Stepper(unsigned int, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFMotor.cpp:315: first defined here

Message 12 of 39
(2,038 Views)

Any progress on this problem?  I was at the same dead end with this issue but I think it might have been in part because I was attempting the MATLAB counterpart of this IO package and it might have some extra files to the arduino folder that were not necessary.  I fixed it by deleting all previous versions of the arduino ide folders and re-extracting the folder again from its original download location. 

hpvds wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I did everything as the guide explains but when I go to compile and upload I get a ton of errors. the LIFA files from the above download and an arduino uno.

I get this when it compiles:

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:24: first defined here

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:24: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_DCMotor::setSpeed(unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:299: multiple definition of `AF_DCMotor::setSpeed(unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:298: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::setSpeed(unsigned int)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:360: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::setSpeed(unsigned int)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:359: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController::latch_tx()':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:49: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::latch_tx()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:48: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::onestep(unsigned char, unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:414: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::onestep(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:413: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o:(.data.microstepcurve+0x0): multiple definition of `microstepcurve'

AFMotor.cpp.o:(.data.microstepcurve+0x0): first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::step(unsigned int, unsigned char, unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:377: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::step(unsigned int, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:376: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_Stepper::release()':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:366: multiple definition of `AF_Stepper::release()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:365: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AF_DCMotor::run(unsigned char)':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:265: multiple definition of `AF_DCMotor::run(unsigned char)'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:264: first defined here

AFMotor\AFMotor.cpp.o: In function `AFMotorController::enable()':

C:\Program Files\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\AFMotor/AFMotor.cpp:27: multiple definition of `AFMotorController::enable()'

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:26: first defined here

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:234: first defined here

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:234: first defined here

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:315: first defined here

AFMotor.cpp.o:C:\Users\HPVDS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8030051198464509026.tmp/AFM otor.cpp:315: first defined here

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 39
(2,038 Views)

Which file in this folder should I upload? I've tried "LIFA_Base.ino", no success.

I get this bunch of errors:

In file included from D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp:13:

IRremoteInt.h:86: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type

IRremoteInt.h:87: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type

IRremoteInt.h:88: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type

IRremoteInt.h:91: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::mark(int)':

IRremote.cpp:172: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::space(int)':

IRremote.cpp:180: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRsend::enableIROut(int)':

IRremote.cpp:199: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:199: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:200: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:200: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In constructor 'IRrecv::IRrecv(int)':

IRremote.cpp:216: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'recvpin'

IRremote.cpp:217: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'blinkflag'

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRrecv::enableIRIn()':

IRremote.cpp:240: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:241: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:245: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'recvpin'

IRremote.cpp:245: error: 'INPUT' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:245: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRrecv::blink13(int)':

IRremote.cpp:251: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'blinkflag'

IRremote.cpp:253: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:253: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In function 'void __vector_9()':

IRremote.cpp:267: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'recvpin'

IRremote.cpp:267: error: 'digitalRead' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:270: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:272: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:274: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:283: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:284: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:286: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:292: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:294: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:299: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:301: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:309: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:320: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'blinkflag'

IRremote.cpp:322: error: 'B00100000' was not declared in this scope

IRremote.cpp:325: error: 'B11011111' was not declared in this scope

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'void IRrecv::resume()':

IRremote.cpp:331: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

IRremote.cpp:332: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'int IRrecv::decode(decode_results*)':

IRremote.cpp:342: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:343: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rcvstate'

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'long int IRrecv::decodeNEC(decode_results*)':

IRremote.cpp:391: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:399: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'long int IRrecv::decodeSony(decode_results*)':

IRremote.cpp:432: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:442: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

D:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\IRremote\IRremote.cpp: In member function 'long int IRrecv::decodeRC5(decode_results*)':

IRremote.cpp:517: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

IRremote.cpp:528: error: 'volatile struct irparams_t' has no member named 'rawlen'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 39
(2,038 Views)

Thanks. This has worked on my uno r3 on LabView 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 39
(2,038 Views)

I have used the arduino IDE and now trying the LV2012 LVFA. First, 'Sketch.PDE' is the pre-version 1.0 file naming system for arduino. Starting with arduino 1.0 the new 'Sketch.ICO' extension was created. So, if you are using arduino 1.0.3 ( like me), then you want the nnn.ICO files. The vi.lib shows the older .PDE Sketches that should not be used with IDE 1.0.3.

I tested my UNO board using the ardino 1.0.3 IDE. The board enums on COM4 and that matches NI-MAX 5.4 enums as COM4. Open the arduino 1.0.3 (close NI-MAX) and run the basic 'blink' sketch. If this works OK then you have the UNO and IDE working OK. If not, go to www.arduino.cc and diagnose the problem. BE SURE you have the bootloader installed on the UNO and the Arduino USB driver (FTDI). Do not try the LVFA without this working.

I installed the LVFA toolkit using VIPM and arduino shows up on the functions pallete in LV2012.

Now, my question is about LV2012 and the vi.lib containing the LVFA folder.

1. Were any changes made to vi.lib with LV2012 SP1 update? Changes to LVFA code with SP1?

2. Which version pre-1.0 or current 1.0.3 arduino IDE is supported?

3.  Since LVIFA_Base.pde is not the correct Sketch for arduino IDE 1.0.3, where is the latest version?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 39
(2,038 Views)
  • The newest Arduino IDE uses .ino files not .ico files.
  • Any file with "LVIFA" is old, all new files use "LIFA" (notice there is no longer a "V").
  • If you have the latest version of LIFA (August 2012) you will only see .ino files.
  • LIFA is not updated at the same cadence/time as LabVIEW and therefore is not currently dependent on which LabVIEW version you have.
  • The latest version of LIFA should work with the latest [official] version (1.0.2) of the Arduino IDE, IIRC.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 39
(2,038 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 39
(2,038 Views)

Just bought the sparkfun Labview/arduino package hoping to experience the advantages of using labview.

After day one was spent piecing together the setup information that didn't work, I spent day 2 reading a scattered assortment of related info that is all outdated.

My first question is - am I connecting to the correct NI website? The page I get to on toolkits shows that arduino is not compatable with LV ( no black, silver, or gold dot). How does this fit in with the active promotion of the combo?

The setup guides are around 2 years old and are based on long past versions with problems still unresolved.

What can I expect as far as getting this to work:

LV 12 student, with arduino uno 1.04 and OS X 10.68   Has anyone had success with this combo.

Is there any chance of me getting this to work, having no programming experience?

Is there another low cost option for an interface that is compatable?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 39
(2,038 Views)

http://www.ni.com/arduino will always get you to the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino (LIFA) Home (you are in the right place).

I just looked through this setup guide and I don't see anything major that needs to be changed other than a few filepaths ("LVIFA" is changed to "LIFA" for files and folders and ".pde" files are now ".ino" files, the latter being a change by the Arduino developers; e.g. "LIFA_Base.ino" is now the main file for the sketch).

The guides that I've seen are all based on Windows so I'm not sure if that is what is making it hard for you.  I've seen a few people talk about getting it to work on Mac.

You should start your own discussion regarding your issue and please provide as many details as possible of what you have done and what is working and not working.  Depending on where in the process your are having issues, looking for pure Arduino installation tutorials specifically for Mac might be beneficial. 

Regarding no programming experience, I'm guessing that there will be a learning curve for LIFA or any equivalent alternative.  Having good knowledge of your OS will certainly help in the installation process.

Alternative?  Well, that depends on what you are wanting/needing.  LIFA can do quite a bit of stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 39
(2,038 Views)