From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v_strane_chudes

Remake For Loop

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.

6e3fb8943920.png
Message Edited by Laura F. on 06-07-2010 02:03 PM
7 Comments
v_strane_chudes
lol misprint
RavensFan
Knight of NI

You are going to have to sell us on this one.

Why do you think this suggestion is necessary?  What is the benefit?

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

You don't have to wire anything into the N terminal. Almost all of my for loops are auto-indexed and for the few that aren't, a wire going into the N terminal is fine.

Sometimes you do want to change the value going to N at runtime.  Making it a contant like this seems useless and a bad idea.
-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Hecuba
I believe it is a good idea, you will be able to do the same thing you have done up to now with for loops, but when you need a constant value you will not create a constant, just type the value needed.
Mfg. Test Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
RavensFan
Knight of NI
I don't think the amount of effort you save by not having to create a constant to wire in is not worth the trouble of making another variation of the For Loop.  Actually, I think it would take longer since wiring a constant in is a pretty quick LabVIEW creation.  Waiting for a dialog box to pop up so that you can set the value of N for the For Loop will take longer.
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 9 kudos within 9 years after posting will be automatically declined.