LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
shb

Possibility to open broken VIs out of error dialog for Application Builder

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Add a button to open a broken VI in the app instance where it would be built.

When a build fails because of a broken VI the application builder shows an error window. Since LabVIEW 12 all the broken VIs are listed inclusive the reason why they are broken. (The list is in the reasons field.) This is much better than before, thanks.

But today I had a list of broken VIs, every single one without a reason. (Example message: broken1.vi: \n broken2.vi: \n broken...)

So I come up with the idea I proposed in this thread (even there were improvements since):

"I ask for a possibility to open the broken VI in the BUILD application instance when this error occurs. This could happen automatically or with a button."

(A general idea about improving app builder: Better error descriptions for Application Builder).

2 Comments
shb
Active Participant
Active Participant

Sorry, there is a minor error in the message. The Example Message has a "-" before every VI (- broken1.vi \n - broken...).

The entire message here:

Cannot complete build because following VI loaded broken:

Y:\Path\to\the\first\falling.vi

Open the VI in LabVIEW and fix the listed errors. If the VI loads as expected but errors are still detected during the build, contact National Instruments technical support for assistance.

- brokenVI1.vi:
- brokenVI2.vi:

Minor detail: The first falling VI (falling.vi) is not listed. After some tests it looks like it is only listed when itself is broken and not only one of its SubVIs.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.