From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VKC

Option to right click on Case Structure and delete multiple cases, broken cases or unwanted cases (type def case)

Duplicate of https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Easier-handling-of-Case-structures/idi-p/3787384

(The other idea is newer, but has 3x more kudos than this one)

At present case structures have options (right click) to create multiple cases if enums are attached to the case selector. If someone want's to reuse the same case structure with less number of items in a new enum, one has to manually delete one case at a time. Having an option to select multiple cases to delete, or automatically delete broken cases would be desirable to speed up things.

9 Comments
nagaece

It would be great if we had this option..:manhappy:

patibandla

I also facing the same problem . want to delete multiple cases one time.

good idea

rishabh1996

It's last commented three years back. Any update yet?

VKC

This was an exchange idea that was submitted so that NI team can look into to see if this can be implemented.

I don't have the latest LabVIEW version, but I know this feature does not exist in LV 2016.

May be someone from NI can comment further if there is a plan to implement this option in the near future. I still feel this will be really helpful.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

There are no plans to work on this any time soon. There are many great ideas in the forums that will never be worked on -- we simply do not have that many developers. These ideas are left open because when we do a significant overhaul of some feature, sometimes these small addendums can be folded in along the way, but it is unlikely to be picked up as a main feature for LV R&D to work on.

This is the sort of feature that could be community implemented through a right-click plugin. You can see other plug-ins developed by the user community at http://ni.com/lvmenus.

ajf200

One more vote for this feature. It would have saved me several hours.*

[* - Yes, I understand that if it was taking me that long it was probably written wrong, but we're under some very unique constraints in our project (real-time target, developing custom devices for NI Veristand). We've tried multiple other ways and they just didn't work, either at all or weren't fast enough for our application.]

RavensFan
Knight of NI

Don't just say "one more vote".  That does nothing.  If you want to actually vote for it, then click the Kudo Star!

Please read the section towards the upper left of this page that says "About LabVIEW Idea Exchange".

ajf200

I will read it sometime after I’m done deleting cases one at a time.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Duplicate

Duplicate of https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Easier-handling-of-Case-structures/idi-p/3787384

(The other idea is newer, but has 3x more kudos than this one)