LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
toniaz

New Operation Behavior for Push Buttons in LabVIEW

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

LabVIEW uses 5 types of operation behavior for push buttons. However, I have come accross a rather annoying obstacle, whenever I need to execute an event for once (turning on a simple LED AND keeping lit AND keeping the button released, for instance), I need to run through Loops or structures which  consumes the space of the block diagram. Although this may sound very simple, after all I am a newbie when it comes to LabVIEW, it really helps in certain places, namely in my very simple project. Here are two of the ways that demonstrate what I am doing at the moment: 

Untitled.jpg 

And here is how the new pressonce/execute once and for all/release block diagram looks like (excuse my English, I believe the digrams must illustrate what I want to say)

neww.jpg

As I have said, maybe it doesn't make a difference to you, but it does to others and I am one of them, well you can either go with a while loop or without, let's keep it to the big guys to decide (this is if my suggestion gets accepted). And I am choosing a random label 😄

Thank you for your time.

🙂

Message Edited by toniaz on 28-11-2009 12:46 AM
T. A.
3 Comments
Marc Blumentritt

Hi,

1.) your idea does not belong to the FPGA Idea Exchange.

2.) I don't really get your problem and what you want to improve in LabVIEW. If you want to turn on a LED on a GUI, just do it (of course use a event structure, as every GUI should use one. Configure a event, which reacts on a value change event of the boolean control, which you press on your GUI).

Marc

CLD
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

If I understand a little bit what you need, you are looking at a True->False only event?

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.