From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daklu

'Lock Library' via scripting

Available in NI LabVIEW 2009

Locking a library during an automated build seems like a very natural thing to do.  Would be nice to be able to script it.

8 Comments
jgcode
Active Participant

Hey Daklu

This is a great idea (and is something I have included in post-build script). 

However, to expand on the idea, I would like the feature to be applied to the parent folder or Library and inherited by all children - just like the Password Protection option.

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
DFGray
NI Employee (retired)

This has already been implemented as a method on Libraries.  Look for the Lock State pull-right menu.

Todd S.
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
Already in LabVIEW 2009
Todd S.
LabVIEW Community Manager
National Instruments
Daklu
Active Participant

Thanks for the tip Damien.  Last time I went looking for it I couldn't find it.  Maybe that was in 8.6....  Anyway, I found it and I'm happy.

jgcode
Active Participant

I misread the topic - I thought script as in Build Spec script - I have added my Idea here.

Cheers

-JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am changing the status from Completed to Declined because Completed should only be ideas that R&D say on Idea Exchange, actively developed on it based on the idea, and it was added to the product

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined