From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewwilsonjr

Linux Support for RealTime RIO Devices

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I like using Linux whenever I can, particularly when running large software like LabVIEW, since it tends to crawl on my XP systems. I was happy to realize that LabVIEW works on Linux, but soon after I was disappointed by the lack of usefulness of it when interfacing with hardware. I need to use the RealTime module to interface with my RealTime Compact-RIO. I also need Linux support for the FPGA module, as I need to program the FPGA attached to my cRIO. I'm sure I am not the only person who would like the ability to do this.

Without support for any of the hardware or LabVIEW modules I need, the Linux version of LabVIEW is entirely useless to me, and XP as an OS simply cannot perform up to par for me.

2 Comments
Steve.S
Hello, I would like to second this.  I am interested in looking at RIO solutions for a high-frequency real-time servo-loop control application, but am a bit dissapointed it does not seem to be supported on Linux.  I would even be happy if I could generate a VI in LabView on Windows, and program it to the FPGA under Linux for usage.
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.