LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
Top Kudoed Authors
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent Transparency Settings for Frontpanel Window and Frontpanel Elements

To create a window with rounded corners or a tab control without a surrounding window, it would be great if i could set the transparency of the FP Window to 100% and all other elements to 0%!

This could lead to very nice looking UI's.

5 Comments
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

You can call functions from the Windows API to make one color in the window completely transparent (it will actually allow you to click behind the window). See here for a simplistic example. The "crkey" input in the last DLL call is the transparent color.

This is what it looks like:

Thank you for the link. This is a good hint.

Otherwise a transparency property would be very nice to control transparency by program if it don't uses too much resources.

Active Participant

The tip that tst provided demonstartes why it would be nice to be able to give kudos to comments, which has been discussed elsewhere.

Richard

Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

@Broken Arrow: I would have kudoed your comment if you had provided a link to "elsewhere".

Oops, sorry, I could not have...

:-)

Knight of NI

This is different than the idea proposed here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Opacity-Semi-Transparency-appearance-settings-for-attr...

I am not sure if I would use such transparancy, however, I do like the idea or ability to have graphics that are non-rectangular in shape.

Who knows... maybe combined with % transparency, it would be a good feature. 

Kudos Smiley Happy