LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moderator1983

Include 'Transpose Array' method in the shortcut menu of a 2D array constant/control/indicator

Available in LabVIEW 2015 and later

Similar to 'Insert' and 'Delete' methods, please include 'Transpose Array' method as shown below:

Method to transpose the array

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

16 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

This message thread if for discussing ideas about how to improve LabVIEW.

You have an ordinary LabVIEW question that belongs as a new thread in the LabVIEW forum.

JKSH
Active Participant

This idea is fundamentally different from "Transpose 2D Array" in graphs/charts.

• With graphs/charts, the "transpose" option...
    • ...is equivalent to inserting a "Transpose 2D Array" primitive into the wire between the array source and the sink.
    • ...deletes existing data when toggled.
    • ...acts on all data received in the future.
  • With this idea, the "transpose" option...
    • ...is equivalent to editing the array constant/control/indicator by hand.
    • ...modifies existing data when toggled.
    • ...acts on current data only, not data received in the future.

So, this idea is valid and safe for array indicators, and it does not require a visual cue to say that the data has been modified.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Darren
Proven Zealot

I like this idea. But I don't think the Transpose Array option should change the cosmetic appearance of the array (by resizing it and changing scrollbar visibility, as shown in the screenshot). Trying to get this right without affecting surrounding diagram code seems tough. Would y'all be ok if the Transpose Array option only manipulated the data, and not the cosmetic appearance of the array?

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Darren, I would be fine with only the data changing.  I can manually rearrange my diagram from there if needed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
moderator1983
Active Participant

@ Darren: when this idea clicked in my mind I was very excited to post it here on the forum and that's the reason for showing the cosmetics is also getting modified. Well cosmetic changes are not required and only data manipulation is expected.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW 2015 and later