LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broken_Arrow

Identify Scripting Property Nodes while browsing Property Nodes

This information is available in the Context Help window. For some reason it disappeared in LabVIEW 2010, but is present in other versions by default.

While browsing through Property Nodes, I would like a visual clue that a node is Scripting. It's great that the nodes are light blue, but only once they are placed on the BD do we know that they belong to Scripting.

Ideas might include:

1) Glyphs next to each node in the list, but I am concerned how these adornments might slow down the pop-ups.

2) Ordering the Scripting nodes at the bottom of the list, below a line that reads "Scripting Nodes".

3) Easiest: Indicate that a node is for Scripting in the Context Help, as shown below.

ScripNoce.png 

Richard

3 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

LabVIEW already has this (see image, LV 8.6):

Property CH.png

I'm not sure what the difference is, but I have the superprivate INI keys, which might be what enable this. If that's the case, then all NI needs to do is enable this by default, or at least when you enable scripting.

tst,

That does not appear on my computer / LV10. Even the detailed help doesn't indicate that scripting is required. Whatever you have there, I agree that NI should default it to ON. This idea covers that request, so we're on the right track.

Richard

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented
This information is available in the Context Help window. For some reason it disappeared in LabVIEW 2010, but is present in other versions by default.