From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
SteenSchmidt

Drag & drop to replace child class

Hi,

It would be convenient if one could drag and drop a child class on top of another child class in the BD to replace it, instead of having to right click -> replace -> locate VI with the explorer:

Replace_Child.png

Typically you have a project window (or perhaps just an explorer window, see this idea as well) from where you could drag the other object onto your block diagram.

Cheers,

Steen 

CLA, CTA, CLED & LabVIEW Champion
5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This doesn't seem to be specific to classes. Why wouldn't this be a general "replace this constant with this other one" gesture? Or "replace this node with this other one"?

SteenSchmidt
Trusted Enthusiast

Because of submitter error Smiley Embarassed

I sat just now with the need to replace some child classes, and I couldn't do it the way I felt easiest. Then I wrote up this idea, and just as I finished I came to think of the other idea I posted in february (Replace any Node by drag & drop basically), and added a link to that one. But I mis-remembered the old idea as Replace subVI with another subVI (due to my chosen image for that idea), and didn't realize that it did in fact also cover this scenario. There you have it - I already submitted this idea once, and I still need it Smiley Wink.

So... delete this one then?

Cheers,

Steen

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I'll ask a moderator to do so. 🙂

SteenSchmidt
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks 🙂

Darren