LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LabviewBow

Console for Python Node

I am happy that LabVIEW supports Python code with the Python Nodes. But it is difficult to debug errors. A console showing the output of the Python Scripts would be handy.

Enthought's Python Integration Toolkit had this function so I guess it shouldn't be a big thing to add?

4 Comments
ChrisO0

Same problem! Haven't you get an answer for this topic?

altenbach
Knight of NI

> Same problem! Haven't you get an answer for this topic?

This is the idea exchange and the above post is an idea for future improvements, not to solve a problem or get answers. If you want this idea to be considered, you should vote for it (click on the star in the upper left).

LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
Christina_R
Active Participant

I'd like to get your feedback on an unpublished feature that's in LabVIEW 2018 and later. If you edit your INI file to contain "ShowConsoleForPythonNode=TRUE" then a window will open when a Python Node executes to show the output from Python. Would this functionality meet your debugging needs?

Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
LabviewBow

Wow thank you Christina this very well,

this would have saved me so much trouble a year ago 😄

But still VERY usefull!!

Any other unpublished features you would like to share? 

Edit: The Python connection crashes when I close the console output window. But I guess that this is a known issue.