LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JÞB

Configure LabVIEW for NET 4.0

Yes you can.  All you need to do is search exhaustively through the LabVIEW help file to find this

Complete the following steps to force LabVIEW to load .NET 4.0 assemblies.

1. Install the .NET Framework 4.0 on your development machine.
  2. Open a text editor and create a configuration file that contains the following text:

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
    <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"/>
    </startup>
    </configuration>
  3. Save this new configuration file in the same directory as LabVIEW.exe. Name the file LabVIEW.exe.config.
  4. Relaunch LabVIEW.

Then accurately follow the steps.

Then again, Tools>>Advanced has some useful tools available to the LabVIEW user

Capture.PNG

I would think that "Tools>>Advanced>>Configure .NET 4.0 support" would probably get more clicks than "Create or edit Express VI"....

It really only involves writing a file with a known name and known contents to a known location on a local disc..... that sounds like a Tool to me!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
2 Comments
A-T-R

Oh yes, please!

I had a lot of trouble when trying to deploy a customer application which uses "Windows active directory" functions. Everything worked in the LV IDE, but after building the *.exe, I almost went nuts...especially because I had no idea what to do and the customer was literally standing behind me...

JÞB
Knight of NI

Recent kudos are appreciated!

Time to change the status of this idea.  Implemented foundatianally in 2013!??? Or was it 2014? That had native .NET 4.0 support?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay