LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
TJWhit

Add project in another project

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

I came upon a need for this capability when I had a rather large project for which I had spent considerable time organizing with virtual folders. I then needed to add a .net container and .net dll, but it appears that can only be done if the lvproj file was created after the .net dll's were installed. The only solution seemed to be to create a new project after installing the .net dll's, then adding my main vi and reorganizing the whole thing. Cumbersome and time consuming! It seems to me that since the lvproj file just contains shortcuts to files on disk, it should be possible to add a project within another project. This apparently is not the case now and there may be some problem introduced by the .net structure that I'm not aware of. Obviously, loading a project within a project could be fraught with potential conflicts but would really be useful in the scenario I describe. 

Anyone have a better suggestion?

------------------------------
All statements are my opinion and worth every cent you paid for them.
Tom Whitaker, CLD
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Give every man thy ear but few thy voice."
Polonius in Hamlet.
1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.