LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broken_Arrow

Ability To Hide Unused Data Event Terminal In Event Structure

Available in LabVIEW 2020 and later. You can hide an unused event data node within a notify event frame by right-clicking the event structure and unchecking 'Visible Items > Event Data Node for This Case'.

If you are not using the Data Event Terminals in an Event Structure, you might customarily hide them - roll them up so that only one terminal is showing. I would like to hide that remaining terminal. The idea is to not grey-out the Remove Element option when you are down to one terminal. That way, you can remove it. A stub remains to right-click on in order to bring the terminal(s) back if required.

24498iD9D667DE43F77BE8  

Richard

18 Comments
dthor
Active Participant

I like this idea. Simple, not asking too much, and probably quite easy to implement.

Minty

Why not show/hide and remove it completely like we have for the dynamic event terminals?

lvrat
Active Participant

Neat , probably the stub can be filled with the color of the datatype when it is hidden, example blue for numeric, green for bool etc.

CLD
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

@rachna wrote:

the stub can be filled with the color of the datatype when it is hidden, example blue for numeric, green for bool etc.

I think Broken Arrow is referring to unused, unwired event data terminals, so datatype has no context for an unused stub. I would be against any Idea that allows the names to be hidden yet still wired, but I don't think this is BA's intention.

Broken_Arrow
Active Participant

Jack is correct. The stub just provides a place to pop up on. If something is wired, you can't hide or collapse the terminal.

Richard

altenbach
Knight of NI

I'd go with the suggestion to simply show/hide the event terminals. Do we need to treat the left side and right side terminals (e.g. in filtering events) separately? Maybe the right side terminals must always show if available.

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

> Do we need to treat the left side and right side terminals (e.g. in filtering events) separately?

Yes.

Also, since the right side terminals can be unwired, we should probably allow hiding them (although a filter event where you don't use the right terminals is basically identical to the notify event).

I'd also go with the suggestion to simply show/hide the event terminals.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Moved to CAR database: CAR 733807

Broken_Arrow
Active Participant

NI is going to implement by way of a CAR?

Richard