LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

A text toolbar

Duplicate of https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Editing-the-Font-Styles-and-Size-of-a-text-can-t-it-b...

(Note: This idea came first, but has less kudos than the duplicate, so I'm closing this one instead of the duplicate. Since there is currently no way to merge ideas, I don't have a clean way to "give credit" on pre-existing ideas that have less kudos. Sorry about that.)

As mentioned at the end of my comment here, editing text is a bit clumsy. There should be a text toobar that is similar to what we can find in any other application.

Maybe it could be dynamic so it only appears when editing text.

Here's the quote from the other thread:

One thing that should be improved is the font pulldown which feels so early 1990's. When working with text, we want a text toolbar like anywhere else, (even in the post editor here in the forum!) with a bold, italic, etc. buttons, font and size rings, etc. You know what I mean!

5 Comments
Jim_Kring
Trusted Enthusiast
that would be a great addition.
WSmith
Why settle for just a text toolbar.  We should have icons, pull-down menus, text boxes, separators, etc.  Every Window application has a toolbar and statusbar.  The Microsoft ribbonbar would be a nice feature too!
Intaris
Proven Zealot

Ribbonbar?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Herbert Engels
NI Employee (retired)

It'll be good to have background color (background and frame) in there for labels. That would come in very handy for labels that sit on top of decoration frames.

Herbert 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Duplicate of https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Editing-the-Font-Styles-and-Size-of-a-text-can-t-it-b...

(Note: This idea came first, but has less kudos than the duplicate, so I'm closing this one instead of the duplicate. Since there is currently no way to merge ideas, I don't have a clean way to "give credit" on pre-existing ideas that have less kudos. Sorry about that.)