From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intaris

Include co-simulation with ISim

Having recently attempted to get started with Simulation for debugging my FPGA code I found out that apparently the built-in LV support for native LV testbenches using simulated FPGA is supported only for ModelSim SE.

Failed Simulation FPGA.png

This is a shame since ISim is included with the FPGA toolkit.

If feasible, expanding the functionality to allos co-simulation with ISim would be a rather splendid idea ideed!

Shane.

2 Comments
Intaris
Proven Zealot

Given the price of Modelsim currently (15k Euro for Questa) this would be a very very nice addition.

I'm using LV 2011 and the current Modelsim versions are NOT compatible.  Since ISim is included with every version of LV, it would be a no-brainer to include this to fix such compatibility problems.

Please please please.

xl600
Active Participant

I can't kudo this idea enough!  Especially now that lab view fpga 2014 officially no longer supports model sim!  I mean really, should upgrading to labview 2014 from 2013 really force a $15,000 upgrade to questa just to continue to use cosimulation?

Making isim cosimulation function natively would vastly increase the viability of labview fpga for complex design.