LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Bangasser

Be able to programmatically compile FPGA code

We can programmatically mass compile VI's and build executables but there is no easy method to compiling FPGA code.  We have a large application that consists of C++ and LabVIEW code.  We have automated our build process but we still have to compile the FPGA code using a procedure.  It would be nice to write a script or a VI that would compile all of our FGPA code.
6 Comments
srm@viewpointusa.com
Active Participant

I agree.

There should be a way to interactively perform a "build all" so that I can take my multi-target project and start a compile overnight to rebuild all targets.

Stu
pnouvel

I agree

In addition, It would be very usefull to have a documented access to the CDR of the VI that are used to launch the compilation :

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\rvi\CDR

Cordialement / Regards

Patrice NOUVEL
Project Leader
CLD
nkraemer

I agree. It would also be nice to be able to launch post-build scripts or VIs as well

Gryffin

Hello,

I attach a VI which I originally found on the forums which has saved me so much time!

It allows for the mass compilation of FPGA bitfiles for different targets.

I have slightly improved the original version by cleaning up the front panel, error wiring, and reference closing which massively cut down on RAM usage and # of windows open.

I hope that it saves you as much time as it has saved me. I wish I could give credit to the original author.

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/1234463/1/BuildFPGAs.vi

J_Bangasser

Any chance you can compile your BuildFPGA.vi in an order version of LabVIEW?  I am using LabVIEW 2020.

Thanks!

Gryffin