LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get progress when building an EXE with Application Builder API

Get progress when building an EXE with Application Builder API

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get progress when building an EXE with Application Builder API?

I am using the code below to automate my work and it would be nice to see a progress bar like when you build your application from the LV Project.

build code.png

I've found a VI called "Create progressbar events.vi" but I don't know what it does and how to use it.

progressbar.png

Thanks a lot for help.

Matthias.

Message 1 of 5
(2,453 Views)

Re: Get progress when building an EXE with Application Builder API

Hi Matthias,

Sorry this is a little late.  "Create progressbar event.vi" creates user events for the Application Builder API to pass messages with, I would guess the normal pop-up window utilizes these events.  Below is a quick and dirty snippet example of using these events to show build status.

build with progress bar.png

-Voky

Message 2 of 5
(1,468 Views)

Hi Voky

Have you got snippet example for Installer Builder Progress Bar as well?

Thank you

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(461 Views)

Thanks for the example Voky, and the question, Matthias. It's great to get a little more information about the collection of VIs in these folders.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(321 Views)

Hi Peter,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've been busy with a new project the past few months.  I haven't used the installer builder, but poking around the AB_API folder I found something that might be of interest.

'.\vi.lib\AppBuilder\IB_Classes\Installer\Get_Installer.vi' looks to be a method for accessing many data members including the user events to drive the progress bar

cbutcher,

You're welcome, glad to share it.

Thanks guys,

-Voky

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(312 Views)