LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new?

@EricR wrote:

Good afternoon everyone.

Normally, NI engages in a lot of product roadmap and feedback discussions at events like NI-Connect (formerly NI-Week).

Wow!  When was this "bomb" dropped?  Of course, with CoVID-19, NI-Week 2020 was cancelled, and plans for NI-Week 2021 haven't (yet) been announced (or at least I haven't heard about it), but what is NI-Connect?  When is NI-Connect?  Where is NI-Connect?  Who (is involved with) NI-Connect?  How (do you find out about) NI-Connect?  Why (are we transitioning to) NI-Connect?  [Who can tell I worked on the school newspaper?].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(940 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@EricR wrote:

Good afternoon everyone.

Normally, NI engages in a lot of product roadmap and feedback discussions at events like NI-Connect (formerly NI-Week).

Wow!  When was this "bomb" dropped?  Of course, with CoVID-19, NI-Week 2020 was cancelled, and plans for NI-Week 2021 haven't (yet) been announced (or at least I haven't heard about it), but what is NI-Connect?  When is NI-Connect?  Where is NI-Connect?  Who (is involved with) NI-Connect?  How (do you find out about) NI-Connect?  Why (are we transitioning to) NI-Connect?  [Who can tell I worked on the school newspaper?].

Bob Schor

Did a little investigating of my own.  Web Search for NI-Connect returns a hit -- it's a not-for-profit children's service agency in Australia.  However, a search for "NI Week 2021" also gets a hit, saying that (again, due to CoVID-19) NIWeek 2021 is being replaced by NI Connect (note the hyphen has disappeared), July 27-28, 2021.

Sorry I missed this announcement, but I hope to be "virtually" present ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(937 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@EricR wrote:

Wow!  When was this "bomb" dropped?

A week or two ago.  For more details: https://www.ni.com/en-us/events/niweek.html.  And there is a FAQ link as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(911 Views)

@EricR wrote:

RT will be available as a 64-bit module.  

YES!  (and the word "finally" also comes to mind)  This will allow moving forward on a number of fronts.

I don't know how big an effort that was, but it is appreciated!

-Scott

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(830 Views)

Thank you Eric for the briefing here!

Is NXG really being dropped or is this fake news? Nevertheless, I would not be unhappy about such a move since I never touched it anyway. In fact I think it's better to focus on extending the Classic LabVIEW to new topologies. As I am testing LV21 PDS on the new MacOS 11.3 Big Sur I am happy for the port to the ARM powered Mac's. So far I have not encountered an unusual amount of problems. OK, so far I worked on some rather basic stuff but all my bigger apps that don't rely on DAQ access ported well.

So I am happy and I don't feel left behind by NI. After all these are difficult times nowadays and LabVIEW still is a very special kind of programming environment which helps us to precisely interact with the real world (that's why driver access is IMPORTANT). I don't think there is another environment that matches in this domain. Keep on wheeling NI!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(770 Views)

@UrsL wrote:

Is NXG really being dropped or is this fake news?

NXG isn't dropped at all. LabVIEW NXG is discontinued though.

NXG will still be used for SystemLink and other software. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(761 Views)