LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's new?

any information about other new features or bug fixes?

Message 1 of 16
(2,743 Views)

I would start with the [new feature] threads here 😉

(I am installing at the moment. often there is a beta help with details. We'll see... 🙂 )

altenbach_0-1618950264273.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,693 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(I am installing at the moment. often there is a beta help with details. We'll see... 🙂 )

No, even the beta help is for 2020SP1 so far.... I guess we need to wait.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,664 Views)

My big question:  Will RT finally be available in LabVIEW 64-bit?  If so, I will be moving to 64-bit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 16
(2,620 Views)

I am really losing faith in NI at this point. I don't know what is the status within NI but the cancellation of NXG and this seemingly underwhelming "beta" release is making me think, that things are really not going well at NI. As much as I love LabVIEW it is really disappointing that year after year the new features are underwhelming (Interfaces and maps were nice though) but the really severe core problems (for example the outdated IDE and missing RT features like reentrant debugging just to mention a few) are ignored. To me it seems that LabVIEW is just barely kept alive by its owner and it saddens me. I really hope that someone can change my mind and prove me wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,556 Views)

@ImreSzebelledi wrote:

I am really losing faith in NI at this point. I don't know what is the status within NI but the cancellation of NXG and this seemingly underwhelming "beta" release is making me think, that things are really not going well at NI. As much as I love LabVIEW it is really disappointing that year after year the new features are underwhelming (Interfaces and maps were nice though) but the really severe core problems (for example the outdated IDE and missing RT features like reentrant debugging just to mention a few) are ignored. To me it seems that LabVIEW is just barely kept alive by its owner and it saddens me. I really hope that someone can change my mind and prove me wrong.

I don't disagree, but there might be some mixing of cause and effect here.

NXG was (supposed to be) the answer to a lot of problems. And it took a lot of resources for a decade.

It feels like a bit like kicking them when they're down. But I agree that a sustainable situation would preferably be better than the status quo.

Message 6 of 16
(2,543 Views)

I agree with both of you.

I think that some more and clearer communication from NI would help. I mean, announcing that NXG is dead via a forum post, and then radio silence...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,517 Views)

Yeah clearer communication would be very nice. I can understand that it is really difficult to develop something with such an old codebase (probably the main reason why NXG was started in the first place) but now that NXG is cancelled is don't really see it's features migrating to LabVIEW for the same reason. So the question is what will the future hold for us? Only NI could answer and hopefully they will do so.  

Sorry for the off topic but I had to vent it out. 

Back to the original topic: a changelog would be really nice besides a list of forum topics.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,513 Views)

RT will be available as a 64-bit module.  

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 9 of 16
(2,458 Views)

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm happy to chime in here. Normally, NI engages in a lot of product roadmap and feedback discussions at events like NI-Connect (formerly NI-Week) and a wide variety of industry-specific tradeshows and events hosted throughout the year.  While those events have all changed over the last year, we are constantly looking for new ways to engage with our existing users as well as people who are curious about and new to NI.  There will be a number of events in 2021, both as online "demos/seminars" and as "events", like NI-Connect.  Please look for those announcements on the NI forums.

If you are looking for a way to engage more directly, or you have suggestions for future feature work, consider posting to the LabVIEW forum or the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. 

In general, if you are looking for product roadmaps, discussions on future features, or full details on all the changes to be included in a given release, you aren't going to find them here. In this forum we are going to publish the beta, post some of the changes that are ready for public review, and gather feedback. 

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,445 Views)