LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Feature] List Running VIs to be Aborted on Quit/Close

When quitting LabVIEW (or otherwise closing an execution context), LabVIEW will now inform you of the top-level running VIs that will be aborted if you continue:

Christina_R_0-1618885702093.png

This feature originated from a suggestion submitted on NI Idea Exchange by NI Discussion Forums member ouadji.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 20
(3,708 Views)

Hi Christina,

Nice feature, but is it possible to consider to add a menu to aborts all running VIs in the project without closing the project? 

Dany

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
Message 2 of 20
(3,619 Views)

@DanyAllard wrote:

Nice feature, but is it possible to consider to add a menu to aborts all running VIs in the project without closing the project? 

If we did a "VI Task Manager," then I expect we'd include the ability to abort running VIs by project. If this sounds appealing, please vote for the suggestion on Idea Exchange.

Christina Rogers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,610 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

If we did a "VI Task Manager," then I expect we'd include the ability to abort running VIs by project. If this sounds appealing, please vote for the suggestion on Idea Exchange.

Or something like this:

DanyAllard_1-1619058625477.png

I already vote for this Idea 👍

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,597 Views)

Christina, the idea you linked to is 11 years old! I am not sure anyone is still waiting around for NI to implement this.

Message 5 of 20
(3,537 Views)

Well, maybe not actively waiting but happy to have this feature available at last.

After all, feature backlog is seemingly being adressed. 

Thanks for that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,515 Views)

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

DanyAllard_0-1619184120909.png

Is it expected Behavior ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,501 Views)

@DanyAllard wrote:

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

I've created Bug 1432279 for this issue. Thank you for testing the LV2021 Beta!

Christina Rogers
Message 8 of 20
(3,465 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

@DanyAllard wrote:

I've created Bug 1432279 for this issue. Thank you for testing the LV2021 Beta!

Thank you Christina!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,443 Views)

True Oli,

Sorry Christina, my comment was really not necessary. I do appreciate all efforts to make LabVIEW the best possible it can be.

Message 10 of 20
(3,427 Views)