From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Feature] List Running VIs to be Aborted on Quit/Close

When quitting LabVIEW (or otherwise closing an execution context), LabVIEW will now inform you of the top-level running VIs that will be aborted if you continue:

Christina_R_0-1618885702093.png

This feature originated from a suggestion submitted on NI Idea Exchange by NI Discussion Forums member ouadji.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 20
(3,865 Views)

Hi Christina,

Nice feature, but is it possible to consider to add a menu to aborts all running VIs in the project without closing the project? 

Dany

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
Message 2 of 20
(3,776 Views)

@DanyAllard wrote:

Nice feature, but is it possible to consider to add a menu to aborts all running VIs in the project without closing the project? 

If we did a "VI Task Manager," then I expect we'd include the ability to abort running VIs by project. If this sounds appealing, please vote for the suggestion on Idea Exchange.

Christina Rogers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,767 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

If we did a "VI Task Manager," then I expect we'd include the ability to abort running VIs by project. If this sounds appealing, please vote for the suggestion on Idea Exchange.

Or something like this:

DanyAllard_1-1619058625477.png

I already vote for this Idea 👍

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,754 Views)

Christina, the idea you linked to is 11 years old! I am not sure anyone is still waiting around for NI to implement this.

Message 5 of 20
(3,694 Views)

Well, maybe not actively waiting but happy to have this feature available at last.

After all, feature backlog is seemingly being adressed. 

Thanks for that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,672 Views)

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

DanyAllard_0-1619184120909.png

Is it expected Behavior ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,658 Views)

@DanyAllard wrote:

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

I've created Bug 1432279 for this issue. Thank you for testing the LV2021 Beta!

Christina Rogers
Message 8 of 20
(3,622 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

@DanyAllard wrote:

I've created Bug 1432279 for this issue. Thank you for testing the LV2021 Beta!

Thank you Christina!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,600 Views)

True Oli,

Sorry Christina, my comment was really not necessary. I do appreciate all efforts to make LabVIEW the best possible it can be.

Message 10 of 20
(3,584 Views)