InstrumentStudio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to scan all NI cards around the network?

Hi there,

I would rather post this to some NI-MAX forum if one is there.

I want to query complete list of NI cards, PXIs etc with some top level details of it like serial number, card number etc whichever is connected in the same network.  Is there any tools as such?  The PXIs, cards, PCIe cards all we have keeps moving around the company and we need to monitor/track them from any PC/PXI.

Thanks,

Ajay.

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,012 Views)

Hi Ajay,

I believe SystemLink comes with such a feature.

Alternative way would be to pass IP of each system on network to NI Sys Config API and then list the software and hardware configured on each.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,963 Views)

I agree with Santo.

The SystemLink Asset Module is designed to help keep track of your test equipment assets and will automatically track all of your NI and 3rd party VISA instruments that are connected to any system (Windows 10 or NI Linux RT) that has the SystemLink Client installed and is connected to a SystemLink Server. You can also add custom 3rd party assets as shown below. 

For more information check out https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/17/getting-started-with-systemlink.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 7.48.43 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,954 Views)