From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to acquire a wavefrom continuously using Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series

Hello, I am using Keysight Oscilloscope MSOX3054A with LabVIEW 2020 via USB communication.

It works fine when I grap a single moment of waveform, so it is not a connection problem between the PC and the instrument.

However it always encountered an Error 1073807298: Could Not Perform Operation Because of I/O Error when I tried to get a waveform continuously using an example file "Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series Acquire Waveform Continuously.vi". 

It hangs up even faster when I get multiple channels from Oscilloscope and I need to cycle the power to use it again.

I tried some solutions related to acquisition mode in Fetch Waveform.vi which helped to increase the execution time from seconds to minutes, but the error still exists.

I also matched the versions of  LabVIEW 2020 and NI VISA 20.0 for compatibility.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this issue.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(824 Views)

Hello  youngju1410

I see your problem connected with error that occurred. Have you checked this article to solve that issue? 

Error -1073807298: Could Not Perform Operation Because of I/O Error - NI

There is a several ways to solve this issue, go through the article, explore the methods brought there witch can be exact solution to your problem.

Best regards Lyudvig Hovsepyan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(781 Views)

Thank you Lyudvig,

I solved this issue by changing a USB port.

The USB cable type from the oscilloscope is 2.0 and I tried to connect it to the 3.0 port.

It works fine after I connected to the 2.0 port.

Best regards

Youngju Nam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(771 Views)