Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to acquire a wavefrom continuously using Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series

Hello, I am using Keysight Oscilloscope MSOX3054A with LabVIEW 2020 via USB communication.

It works fine when I grap a single moment of waveform, so it is not a connection problem between the PC and the instrument.

However it always encountered an Error 1073807298: Could Not Perform Operation Because of I/O Error when I tried to get a waveform continuously using an example file "Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series Acquire Waveform Continuously.vi". 

It hangs up even faster when I get multiple channels from Oscilloscope and I need to cycle the power to use it again.

I tried some solutions related to acquisition mode in Fetch Waveform.vi which helped to increase the execution time from seconds to minutes, but the error still exists.

I also matched the versions of  LabVIEW 2020 and NI VISA 20.0 for compatibility.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this issue.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(827 Views)

Hello  youngju1410

I see your problem connected with error that occurred. Have you checked this article to solve that issue? 

Error -1073807298: Could Not Perform Operation Because of I/O Error - NI

There is a several ways to solve this issue, go through the article, explore the methods brought there witch can be exact solution to your problem.

Best regards Lyudvig Hovsepyan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(784 Views)

Thank you Lyudvig,

I solved this issue by changing a USB port.

The USB cable type from the oscilloscope is 2.0 and I tried to connect it to the 3.0 port.

It works fine after I connected to the 2.0 port.

Best regards

Youngju Nam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(774 Views)