Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix Error 1073807202 of Keithley 2100

Hello Everyone,

I will get DC voltage collection from Keithley 2100 to my PC.

Use Labview 2011 and installed NI-Visa 5.1.1. and Keithley 2100 drive - Keithley 2100 Series at \instr.lib. Visa32.dll is located at WINDOWS\system32. However, when I run Keithley 2100 Series Read Single.vi and selected correct COM  port, Labview gave me Error 1073807202. Any ideas? THANKS>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(9,817 Views)

Hi Hello, 

Please refer to this KB article relating to this issue. It seems that your install of NI-VISA may be corrupted. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/10C6C0FBB8E7BD4486257850006CE8FF?OpenDocument

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(9,798 Views)

Many Thanks for your response.

I read the KB article before I post.

I still confuse it.

Labview and Visa version all are high, please look at attached picture - NI-visa is listed in there.

Visa 32.dll was also confirmed. How can I know the installed visa corrupted. Thanks>   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(9,788 Views)

Hi Hello, 

Try to uninstall and reinstall or perform a repair install of the VISA software. 

Instructions on how to do this can be found here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

-N

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(9,785 Views)

According to the users manual pg 5-3 you need the Agilient I/O Library and the Kiethley I/O Layer to use that driver.  Maybe the manual is wrong.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(9,775 Views)

I did a repair install at NI-visa 5.1.1, Ni-visa runtime 5.1.1,  the error message is still in there. Please help to fix it.

THANKS><

I used Keithley user tools to confirm COM port should be fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(9,765 Views)

Hi Hello, 

Please do an uninstall and reinstall of the software. Repair will not overwrite existing files that have been corrupted. 

-N

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(9,740 Views)

Let's back up a few steps...

I am confused as this is a USB-TMC instrument which I don't think has a Serial port.

So how did you end up using COM5???

Try this...when you first connect the USB cable from the instrument to your computer, it should recognize the instrument and install the USB-TMC driver. Then open VISA Interactive Control and it should appear as USB0::0x5E6::0x2100::nnnnnnnn::INSTR (where nnnnnnnn is the serial number of your unit). LabVIEW should also

show this as a VISA resource.

Also I do believe the manual says you need VISA and it probably had a typo. It should it requires NI-VISA (installed as part of LabVIEW or if you didn't have LabVIEW you could install their Keithley I/O Layer) or Agilent VISA (installed as part of Agilient I/O Library).

(If problems seeing the USB device, look in NI Max and ensure that your NI-VISA passport for USB is marked ON).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(9,739 Views)

Thanks for inputs, Rikud. 

I got USB0::0x5E6::0x2100::nnnnnnnn::INSTR from NI-MAX, and select it as VISA resource name.

I want to know if it means I got all VISA setup properly or not. However, I still had Error -1074001424 occurred at an unidentified location,

Possible reason(s):  ke2100 Error Query;
instrument reports:  -113,"Undefined header"

Please see attached picture.

I checked Keithley error code,

-113 Undefined header
An invalid command was received.

Do you think it is still Labview Visa problem?

In addition, How can make NI-VISA passport for USB is ON?

Many thanks<>

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(9,719 Views)

Hi

you don't need a passport for NI-VISA via usb.

I don't see anything about endcharacters and don't know how the end of a command is handled in usb. 

I know that something like this could happen wit an invalid end character on serial.

Can somebody explain?

PS I checked the driver and saw in the examples nothing about end characters and those are surely not needed in GPIB.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(9,706 Views)