Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a MCC Relay (USB-ERB08) using LabVIEW

I am having trouble controlling a MCC Relay (USB-ERB08) using LabVIEW.  Can someone help with this? If there is a way to attach my VI, I can do that so it might be easier to see what I am doing wrong.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,863 Views)

I found this knowledgebase article, but it doesn't explain very much.  I have the VI from the article attached.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,855 Views)

Do you have the ULx drivers installed from http://www.mccdaq.com/daq-software/universal-library-extensions-lv.aspx ?  Aside from that was there something in particular you couldn't get to work with the code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,837 Views)

I called the MCC tech support, and they just sent me an example VI that I will be testing soon.  I will let you know how that goes.  Basically, I am trying to control two things via LabVIEW using the USB-ERB08 relay: an LED and a GenieTouch Syringe Pump.  If you have any knowledge on how to approach this, your input would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,833 Views)

And to answer your question... Yes, I have ULx already installed and am currently using it to run a USB-1208FS daq via LabVIEW (which I haven't had a problem with yet) 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,832 Views)

Ok I now have a functioning VI for the USB-ERB08 relay, so you can ignore that.  Now our issue is with filtering out noise on the DAQ (USB-1208FS).  My advisor recommended using a butterworth filter.  I watched a youtube video on "smoothing" (where they use a butterworth filter), but the video gets WAY too complex compared to my project.  For the butterworth filter, when I try to hook up the "filtered X" to the waveform graph (as shown in the video), a wiring error pops up saying "cannot connect to more than one data source".  I've attached the VI for the DAQ....comments?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,823 Views)

Glad to hear you were able to get the drivers working!

If you set the ULx read mode to Analog -> Single Channel -> Multiple Samples -> 1D DBL, the output will be an array of doubles rather than a waveform, which is what the Butterworth Filter function is expecting for 'X'.  You will still be able to connect the array of doubles from 'filtered X' to the Waveform Graph, it just won't have the timing information like the waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,804 Views)