GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Static Property Node Accessor VI Creation

Solved!
Go to solution

When you create a static dispatch property node accessor VI with regular non-GDS classes (i.e. using the native class editor features in LabVIEW), the new property VI is marked as Inline. The same does not happen when creating a static dispatch property node accessor VI with OpenGDS. It is created as a non-reentrant, non-inlined VI. From what I can tell this is because the property node accessor VI template is set to non-inlined to support being dynamic dispatch. 

To solve the issue for static dispatch property node accessor VIs, I propose a fix to the following VI:

[LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\ClassProviders\Provider_LvNativeClass\ClassWriterNative_class\CreateMethod.vi

I made the following edit to the VI, and now my static property node accessor VIs are marked as inline when they are created:

gds_fix.png

I assume a similar fix would need to be made to scripting for other class types (GOOP3, GOOP4, etc.), but I didn't dig into their scripting code so I wasn't sure.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,431 Views)

(cross-posted to the OpenGDS issues list here: https://github.com/opengds/OpenGDS/issues/64 )

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Darren

Thanks,
I'll add that right away.
BTW, I saw on twitter that you liked the new 2020 Class Creation dialog that now saves the class to disk as well :-).
The latest OpenGDS 2020 version does a quite more steps for you 😉

MikaelH_0-1618474307417.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,375 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,315 Views)

Fixed this again, since there could be a race condition is the previous solution.
This fix will be in build 1.2.74

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,952 Views)