From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Static Property Node Accessor VI Creation

Solved!
Go to solution

When you create a static dispatch property node accessor VI with regular non-GDS classes (i.e. using the native class editor features in LabVIEW), the new property VI is marked as Inline. The same does not happen when creating a static dispatch property node accessor VI with OpenGDS. It is created as a non-reentrant, non-inlined VI. From what I can tell this is because the property node accessor VI template is set to non-inlined to support being dynamic dispatch. 

To solve the issue for static dispatch property node accessor VIs, I propose a fix to the following VI:

[LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\Framework\Providers\Open_GDS\ClassProviders\Provider_LvNativeClass\ClassWriterNative_class\CreateMethod.vi

I made the following edit to the VI, and now my static property node accessor VIs are marked as inline when they are created:

gds_fix.png

I assume a similar fix would need to be made to scripting for other class types (GOOP3, GOOP4, etc.), but I didn't dig into their scripting code so I wasn't sure.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,445 Views)

(cross-posted to the OpenGDS issues list here: https://github.com/opengds/OpenGDS/issues/64 )

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darren

Thanks,
I'll add that right away.
BTW, I saw on twitter that you liked the new 2020 Class Creation dialog that now saves the class to disk as well :-).
The latest OpenGDS 2020 version does a quite more steps for you 😉

MikaelH_0-1618474307417.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,389 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,329 Views)

Fixed this again, since there could be a race condition is the previous solution.
This fix will be in build 1.2.74

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,966 Views)