FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Project to not log some channels

Hi!

we are looking for a way to save disk space by logging only the calculated RMS value of some configured channel. Currently Flexlogger saves both channels to the TDMS file which actually takes more space than just logging the physical channel at high speed, we could then post-process that channel to reduce file size which makes no sense to me, the benefit of calculating the RMS during the test is not interesting anymore.

Is there a way to configure a channel to be available for calculated channels without being logged?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
(1,850 Views)

I'd also like to see this feature added if it's not already possible. Just a simple 'log' flag per channel.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,760 Views)

I second this, would be a useful feature for us.  We'd want to access the setting via the api.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,666 Views)

This feature will be very helpful. Most slow speed datalogging over a long duration will only need the RMS value. For example, I would configure multiple channels at the highest sampling rate and use 50 or 60hz based on the PLC to calculate RMS and log the RMS only. This will save tones of disk space.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,361 Views)

Good News!

As of the latest release of FlexLogger 2022 Q2, this is now possible!

More information can be found here 

Or in the new manual here

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,210 Views)