From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange messages in LabWindows/CVI forum

Solved!
Go to solution

Some days ago in the LabWindows/CVI forum 16 new discussions with title using East Asian characters.

They have been opened by the same user.

I don't know if they're spam or not.

In the first case, could you remove them?

In the second one, it's better if the user translates them in English or if he post in a regional board.

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,176 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vix

Hi vix,

I have reported all of them to the moderator as spam and after that they were deleted. I did not bother to translate them, ten or twenty messages within two or three minutes are a clear message...

You also can do so via the Options drop down "Report to a moderator"

Message 2 of 7
(3,162 Views)

...but since this annoyance now seems to happen day by day NI might want to re-consider the idea of limiting the number of posts per time for new members... I can see no reasonable scenario why a new member needs to post 19 messages in five minutes...  The only one who wants to do so is a spam robot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,125 Views)

Hi vix,

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Our team is working to remove spam as quickly as they are reported along with taking steps to mitigate it in the future. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,111 Views)

It seems I've got a new side job, reporting SPAM to the moderators...Smiley Wink

Seriously, a board that is flooded with SPAM messages got sort of useless for regular users. Admittedly, once the operators are back to work the SPAM is removed, but this means that e.g. in Europe our board is spammed during daytime and usable only at night...

So, again, I'd like to suggest a limit of posts per time, say one per minute - it may or may not help, but one should try.

@Wolfgang wrote:

...but since this annoyance now seems to happen day by day NI might want to re-consider the idea of limiting the number of posts per time for new members... I can see no reasonable scenario why a new member needs to post 19 messages in five minutes...  The only one who wants to do so is a spam robot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,076 Views)
We are currently working on adjusting our flood controls to limit how many posts can be made by users.

Thanks,
Lili
~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 7
(3,071 Views)

That's encouraging, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,070 Views)